Lots of law office are merely renting area when it pertains to their online marketing.
Whether it’s Google pay-per-click (PPC) ads, Buy Facebook Verification Ads, or social media, these channels typically yield only temporary wins. When you pull the financial investment, your results go away completely.
Your website, on the other hand, can be a 24/7 selling tool for your law office practice. It can effectively become your greatest possession, getting leads and cases while you sleep.
In this guide, we’ll discuss how to turn your site into the ultimate marketing tool for your law office practice and generate seven figures in profits for your company.
A Well-Optimized Law Firm Website Can Yield Substantial Results
With your law office’s site, you can use content marketing to your benefit to create financially rewarding outcomes for your service. Content and SEO enable you to attract users organically and convert traffic passively into new cases for your law firm.
As an example, a high-ranking web page in a competitive market getting 1,000 users per month can get huge outcomes:
- Convert visitors at 2-5% = 20-50 leads.
- Transform even 10-20% of leads = 2-10 cases.
- Average $8000 revenue per case = $16,000-$80,000 month-to-month revenue from one page.
Over the course of a year, this might cause high six-figures to seven-figures in earnings!
The Foundations Of A Revenue-Generating Law Office Website
At its core, your law firm site ought to serve to speak with the needs, has a hard time, and interests of your target market. It must be laser-focused on your practice area, who you serve, and what you need to provide.
With this in mind, a well-crafted website content strategy should define:
- Your company objectives (the cases you desire).
- What rivals are doing.
- What pages to write and keywords to target.
- How to use your material spending plan.
- Your editorial calendar.
- The purpose/intent of each page.
- PR and backlink method.
Below, we’ll dive deeper into how to establish this method, build out amazing material, and achieve your seven-figure revenue objectives.
1. Specify The Cases You Want
The primary step to developing an effective site marketing strategy is to define the types of legal cases you desire.
This activity will assist you figure out the types of people you want to reach, the type of content you should develop, and the types of SEO keywords you need to target.
That method, you wind up marketing to a more specific subset of possible clients, rather than a broad range of users.
Not sure where to set your focus? Here are a few questions that might assist:
- Which of your cases are the most profitable?
- What types of cases are you not getting enough of?
- In what markets are you strongest?
- In which markets do you want to improve?
- Are there any practice areas you wish to explore?
At the end of this activity, you may decide that you want to draw in more family law cases, foreclosure law cases, or DUI cases– whatever it is, getting hyper-focused on the kinds of cases you wish to bring in will only make your site marketing even more powerful.
2. Determine Your Leading Rivals
Among the best ways to “hack” your site marketing technique is to figure out what’s working for your competitors.
By “competitors” we indicate law practice that are working to bring in the types of cases you’re attempting to bring in, at the exact same level at which your law practice is currently operating.
I state this because I see many law firms trying to out beat and outrank the “big” fish and this can feel like a losing battle. You wish to set your sights on your closest rivals, rise above them, and then get more competitive with your method.
Here are a few methods to identify your closest competitors:
- Conduct a Google search of your legal practice area + your service location (e.g., “household law Kirkland”, “DUI legal representative LA”, “Denver probate attorney” etc). Keep in mind of the top-ranking domains (i.e., websites).
- Usage SEO tools like Semrush or Ahrefs to browse your domain name. These tools will often surface close competitors to your domain.
- Utilizing the very same tools above, perform natural research study on your domain to see what keywords you are already ranking for. Search these keywords in Google and see what other domains come up.
- Utilize these tools to determine the domain authority (DA) of your domain. Compare this to the other top-ranking domains to see which domains have an authority rating that resembles your own.
Make sure to look at your known company rivals also.
These may or may not be ranking well in Google Browse, but it’s still worth a peek to see if they are targeting any high-priority keywords that your website ought to be targeting.
3. Conduct A Material Audit Of Your Website
Your next step is to conduct an audit of your existing site. This will allow you to analyze what content is carrying out well, and what content requires improvement.
Initially, start with your primary service pages.
Use SEO tools like Semrush or Ahrefs again to review the rank (position), efficiency, and keywords of each page. Determine any pages that are ranking low, or not at all.
Then, find “low-hanging fruit” pages. These are the pages that are ranking around position 5-10. They need less effort to optimize to reach those greater rank positions– compared to pages ranking at, say, place 59.
Next, utilize the same tools to carry out a “space analysis” (most SEO tools have this feature).
This compares your website’s efficiency to that of your closest rivals. It will reveal you a list of keywords that your rivals are ranking for that your site is not ranking for at all.
Lastly, create a stock of what pages you already have, which require to be modified, and which you need to produce. Doing so will assist you remain organized and stay on job when developing your content method.
4. Strategy Your Material Silos
By this step, you will have a respectable idea of what pages you currently have, and which pages are “missing out on” from your method (based upon the list of keywords you are not yet targeting).
From here, you will prepare what’s called “content silos”.
Here is the basic procedure:
- Review an existing service page (if you have one) and optimize it as finest you can. Preferably, this is a page that’s already carrying out well and is otherwise a “low-hanging fruit” page.
- If you do not have any existing service pages, develop one based on among your high-priority keywords. Once again, these need to be a keyword that is implied to attract your favored type of cases.
- Next, construct a “silo” of content around your primary page. In other words, produce brand-new pages that are topically connected to your main service page, but that target somewhat different keywords (ideally, “long-tail”, lower competition keywords).
- Include internal links in between these pages and your main service page.
- Over time, develop backlinks to these pages (through guest publishing, PR, material marketing, and so on)
Below is an example of a material silo method for “personal injury:”
Image from author, November 2022
5. Determine Supporting Topics
As part of your website content method, you’ll then wish to develop other supporting content pieces. This need to be content that provides value to your potential clients.
FAQs, blogs, and other service pages can support your main pages.
For instance, if you are a DUI lawyer, you may wish to publish a FAQ page that attends to the main questions customers have about DUI law, or an article entitled “What to Do When You Get a DUI.”
There are a few tools you can use to research study supporting subjects:
- Semrush– Use this tool to recognize untapped keywords, material subjects, and more.
- AlsoAsked — Recognize other concerns people have searched for relevant to your main subject.
- Respond to the general public– Use this search listening tool to identify topics and questions associated with your practice location.
Below is an example of how the complete material silo can come together for “Los Angeles Cars And Truck Accident Attorney:”
Image from author, November 2022 6. Construct An Editorial Calendar Once you have all of your material concepts down on paper, it’s time to develop your
editorial calendar. This is basically a plan of what content you need to develop when you wish to release it, and
what keywords you prepare to target. This can be as simple as a Google Sheet or as expensive as a task management tool(like Monday.com or Asana). Here are a couple of ideas to get you began: Always focus on main pages. These ought to be the first material pieces you develop on your
site. Create or revise your main pages and
- monitor their performance. Use Google Analytics and other SEO tools to keep your eye on how
- your material is carrying out. Depending on spending plan and seriousness, you might start with all main pages, or go silo by silo. Determine which service pages are essential to you.
- You can create all of your main pages simultaneously, or establish the whole silo as you go. Keep a record of your target keywords. Even if you” optimize “for them does not imply your content will instantly rank for your target keywords.
- In your editorial calendar, keep track of the keywords you wish to target– by page– so you have a record of your initial SEO technique. What Makes A Winning Law Practice Site Technique? The key to achieving seven figures with your law office site is content. Material enables you to target
your ideal clients, attract your favored cases, engage your audience, therefore far more. A well-thought-out material technique will empower your website
to achieve more for your service than any other marketing channel could! Above, I describe a couple of actions to establishing this kind of
winning strategy. But, attaining quality requires time. I recommend keeping your eye on the reward, keeping track of efficiency, and making updates as you go along. This will assist you reach your preferred result. More resources: Featured Image: PanuShot/Best SMM Panel